Saturday, October 2, 2010

"If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased"


I have been searching for an inexpensive copy of Katherine Hepburn's autobiography for years, I've broke down and attempted to to order it online twice and both times the the Amazon website never restocked it, and sent me emails trying to convince me to cancel the sale and check out other books. Here's a thought, if you don't have it or plan on getting it, don't list it. My Mom also attempted to order a Christmas gift for me that they kept saying would be restocked 6 months later. Normally I love Amazon, but the Canadian one can be difficult with more obscure items unless you're lucky enough to find a new & used seller with a reasonable shipping rate.

Anyways, I've discovered that every time I browse a Value Village used book section, there is an interesting selection. Yesterday: Katherine Hepburn: Me - Stories of My Life. There is nothing more satisfying then an unexpected find like that. Reading her interviews (though she often hated them) are fascinating, so I definitely look forward to her book.

Now I just need to pony up the dough for the ultra special (and therefore ultra pricey) African Queen DVD set so I can get the out of print The Making of the African Queen: Or, How I went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall and Huston and Almost Lost my Mind. . Also the African Queen is one of my favourite Hepburn movies and the stories from the set are probably interesting considering the people involved the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment